Investment Fund Manager
- The Investment Fund Manager (Manager) is Encasa Financial Inc.
- The Manager must be registered with the Ontario Securities Commission as an investment fund manager.
- The Manager directs the business, operations and affairs of a mutual fund and is responsible and accountable for all functions outsource to a service provider.
- The Manager has delegated this function to RBC Global Asset Management.
- The Portfolio Adviser must be registered with the Ontario Securities Commission as an adviser.
- The Portfolio Adviser carries out research and selects, purchases and sells portfolio securities for the Funds in accordance with the Statement of Investment Policies set by the Manager.
- The Manager has delegated these functions to PH&N Investment Services®.
- The Distributor must be registered with the Ontario Securities Commission as a distributor.
- The Distributor markets and distributes units of the Fund.
- The Manager has delegated this function to RBC Investor Services Trust.
- The funds are organized as trusts and investors purchase units of the trust.
- The Trustee assumes legal responsibility for the proper administration of the Funds.
- The Manager has delegated these functions to RBC Investor Services Trust.
- The Custodian is responsible for holding the assets in the Funds’ portfolios in safekeeping on behalf of the Funds.
Auditors (of the Fund)
- The auditor annually conducts an audit, in accordance with Canadian generally accepted auditing standards, of the financial statements of the Funds to provide assurance that they fairly present, in all material respects, the Funds’ financial position, results of operations and changes in net assets.
Independent Review Committee
- The Independent Review Committee reviews and makes recommendations with respect to conflicts of interest matters brought to it by the Manager.
- The Shareholder’s Direction is the agreement between Encasa and the Housing Services Corporation (HSC), the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF-C), the BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) and the Co-operative Housing Federation of BC (CHF-BC) as the shareholders.
- The agreement focuses on the responsibilities of Encasa’s board to manage the affairs of Encasa and the accountability of Encasa’s board to the shareholders.